Again this year, I'm using Storify to gather notes and tweets and whatnot from the events I attend. Today's event: "Rebooting CA Higher Education," an event sponsored by the Twenty Million Minds Foundation on the UCLA Campus. There was a livestream of the event, but the audio and video were spotty (oh, the irony). I have a lot more to say about this event -- thoughts about what was said and unsaid, who was there and who was absent. So stay tuned...
Audrey Watters is an education writer, rabble-rouser, rambler, recovering academic, lifelong learner, serial dropout, part-time badass, mom.
- Click Here to Save Education: Evgeny Morozov and Ed-Tech Solutionism, March 26, 2013
- Hacking at Education: TED, Technology Entrepreneurship, Uncollege, and the Hole in the Wall, March 3, 2013
- Top 10 Ed-Tech Startups of 2012, December 21, 2012
- The Real Reason I Dropped Out of a PhD Program, August 29, 2012
- "The Audrey Test": Or, What Should Every Techie Know About Education?, March 17, 2012
- Apple and the Digital Textbook Counter-Revolution, January 19, 2012
- Codecademy and the Future of (Not) Learning to Code, October 28, 2011
- The Wrath Against Khan: Why Some Educators Are Questioning Khan Academy, July 19, 2011
- For Mr. Callahan, March 20, 2011
2013 Ed-Tech Trends
2012 Ed-Tech Trends
Support Hack Education
This website is deliberately advertising-free. But the research and writing that I do here is my full-time work -- again, deliberately so. If you find my writing interesting or insightful, please consider a donation.